Wildlife Internships Abroad
Wildlife internships provide personal and professional development through hands-on field experience. GVI offers international wildlife conservation internships and wildlife conservation volunteer programs that amplify your access to careers in the industry.
Whether or not you desire a long-term career in wildlife conservation, our internships will equip you with practical, unique experiences that will positively impact your future employability.
GVI Interns work on a South African game reserve, researching big cats and mega-fauna; assist organizations to protect the endangered jaguar and turtles in Costa Rica; conduct biodiversity research on environmental sustainability in Thailand or the Seychelles; or, help manage elephants in their natural habitat with the local community in Thailand. Apart from these internships we now also have a range of programs specifically for students looking to travel during their spring break; join an alternative spring break program or join a gap year volunteering program abroad and make a real difference in the world. Take a look this page to find out why you should intern abroad and what you can gain through this valuable experience.
Join a GVI wildlife internship abroad and gain:
- Access to a remote, research-based industry and network
- Knowledge about conservation techniques on enclosed private game reserves
- Practical field training on reserve management projects and community outreach initiatives
- Comprehensive staff mentorship and internationally-recognized qualifications
- Improved ability for animal-tracking, using bush skills and telemetry equipment
- Experience with conducting biological assessment surveys
- Real-world experience with conservation practices and surrounding wildlife
- Enhanced interpersonal and leadership capacities through our Leadership Course
- The potential for field employment following your internship
Download our program brochures