Construction Internships Abroad
Construction internships equip you with practical, unique experiences that positively impact your future employability. GVI provides international construction internships that contribute to lacking infrastructures in developing communities, and help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Whether or not you desire a long-term career with building, construction, or community work, our internships will give you hands-on experience that will enhance your career development.
Interns participate in sustainable construction projects in India, Nepal, Costa Rica, or Fiji, and offer you the chance to renovate basic infrastructures and educational facilities; contribute to locally-run community building projects; and assist with awareness and outreach on sustainable living and improved sanitation. Take a look at these great testimonials from our previous interns!
Apart from these internships we now also have volunteer construction programs and a range of programs specifically for students looking to travel during their spring break; join an alternative springbreak program or join a gap year volunteering program abroad and make a real difference in the world.
A GVI construction internship abroad gives you:
- Real-world experience with community engagement and field work
- Extensive training and mentorship on sustainable building development
- The chance to contribute to the infrastructure of developing communities
- Access to quality staff guidance and evaluation on an individual project
- Teamwork, collaboration, and critical-thinking skills
- Leadership capacities gained from the GVI Leadership Training Course
- The opportunity for field employment after your successful internship