This program will focus on gaining a better understanding of turtle conservation in Greece and preserving its biodiversity. Students will engage in surveys to record nesting activity and to protect turtle nests against predation by mammals and inundation by sea water, and will also provide important conservation information to overseas visitors and the local community, through various outreach activities.
These projects range in content suitable for students studying academic disciplines such as:
- Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Marine Biology
Example project activities include:
- Night surveys (depending on nesting activity);
- Recording nesting activity;
- Hatchling release;
- Protecting turtle nests against predation by mammals and inundation by sea water;
- Environmental workshops for overseas visitors and the local community;
- Workshops on eco-tourism with resort/hotel guests.