We know you want to do something to make a difference in the world. And we know you’re dreaming of having the adventure of a lifetime. You want to turn your passion into action and connect with a global community of change-makers.
This could be you.
You could be joining a GVI program at any of our bases around the world for two weeks, with all accommodation, training, support and meals during your program included.
From Thailand to Seychelles, and Costa Rica to Cambodia. From cleaning sea turtles and tracking lemurs, to teaching and empowering women – in collaboration with our local partners in each beautiful location.
Your time is now, change-maker!
Enter on Instagram – Follow, like, share
1. Follow @gvitravel on Instagram
2. Like the competition post
3. Share the competition post to your own Instagram story
You can enter as many times as you like, but only one winner will be randomly selected.
Terms and conditions
1. Anyone aged 15 years or older may enter. Entrants under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
2. Current and past GVI participants may enter the competition.
3. Current GVI employees, suppliers, partners and contractors (and their immediate families) may not enter the competition.
4. Companies or brands may not enter. Only entrants with their own valid, open Instagram account will be considered. Private accounts will not be considered as we can’t view all entry mechanisms of the competition.
5. Entrants must follow GVI’s official Instagram account (@gvitravel), like the post about the competition, tag three friends (referred to as “change-makers”), and share the post to their own stories to qualify.
6. Entrants may participate as many times as they’d like, but only one winner will be randomly selected.
7. The competition ends on 31 May 2022 at 13h00 GMT.
8. Two weeks at a GVI program as currently listed on our website and on an advertised start date. All program dates are subject to availability.
9. The following are included in the prize: 24-hour in-country support, airport pick-up (unless otherwise stated in the specific programme), all project equipment, food, safe and basic accommodation (usually shared), pre-program training, project work, remote support, post-program support, PDF/LinkedIn reference.
10. The following are excluded from the prize: additional drinks and gratuities, extra local excursions, flights, international and domestic airport taxes, medical and travel insurance, personal items and toiletries, police or background check, visa costs, and personal diving kit (required for our marine conservation programs).
11. The total prize value is approximately £2,500.
12. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified.
13. The winner will be randomly selected via an Instagram comment picker tool on 1 June 2022 and notified on 2 June 2022.
14. Following the random selection, the winner will be notified via a direct message on Instagram.
15. The winner has 72 hours from the time and date of the notification being sent to respond, provide proof of eligibility (ID and passport) and complete a GVI application. If the prize is not claimed by the winning entrant within this time frame, the prize will be redrawn and any previous winners will forgo all claims to the prize.
16. To book a program, the winner must complete a GVI application form for their desired program, accept the terms and conditions of participation and undergo a pre-admissions call. Once admission has been accepted, GVI will confirm the program and start date in writing. GVI will make recommendations to the winner if their first choice is not possible due to availability.
17. If the winner is under the age of 18 their parents or guardian will be required to accept the terms and conditions on their behalf.
18. In the event that a participant does not meet the admissions criteria for their selected program, we will select another winner.
20. By accepting the prize, the winning entrant agrees to have their name used in a post on the GVI’s official Instagram accounts. In the event there are relevant data protection regulations that prohibit GVI’s use of their personal data without prior permission, GVI will comply with such regulations.
21. If the winner declines the prize, a new winner will be selected.
22. The prize is valid for two years, up until 2 June 2024. The winner must book and complete their GVI program before this date.
23. Once the winner’s program and start date has been confirmed they will be permitted one free transfer to another start date or location, up to 12 weeks prior to departure. The new start date and location must be specified at the time of transfer. Any further transfers will only be permitted at GVI’s discretion. Should the participant cancel their program, they will forfeit their prize.
24. GVI reserves the right to cancel or curtail the program at its discretion. This includes cases of force majeure or other events outside GVI’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation the winner will be eligible to select another available location or start date. No compensation will be offered for any expenses incurred by the winner including, but not limited to, airfare, visa expenses, insurance, documentation and equipment purchases. Please note this list is not exhaustive.
25. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. GVI and all involved adhere to their guidelines.
26. Terms and conditions of this offer are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorised person.