Support and Services
Since our inception in 1997, GVI has worked hard to become one of the most well respected volunteer organizations in the world. Our high-profile partners expect well informed and well prepared volunteers and interns to join them, whilst our participants expect to make a real difference, experience new cultures, explore their chosen location and have a great time. It is this commitment to our participants and to our partners that has been key to GVI’s success as one of the worlds most recognized and well respected responsible travel organizations.
Below you will find further information about GVI’s commitment to you. All aspects are constantly reviewed, updated and improved so we can offer you a comprehensive support structure that will ensure peace of mind for you in the field, and for your family and friends back at home!
GVI assure quality to you in the following ways:
- All GVI Staff are experienced and highly knowledgeable. Our office staff visit the programs regularly, and have all travelled with GVI themselves, so have in-depth and up to date knowledge about each program, destination, and things to do and see in the program destination. Our staff can also offer top advice on travel issues and what to take when living overseas.
- We offer unparalleled in the field support through our network of regional offices which employ over 150 field staff all over the globe. You will be looked after from start to finish by GVI staff, experts in their chosen field. These are the people who will make your experience amazing
- All GVI programs are fully researched, managed and regularly assessed to ensure your safety and enjoyment
The following list highlights GVI’s standard support and services. Individual programs offer tailor-made services to fit each particular project, be it Spanish language lessons, Teaching English courses, specialist project training and/or cultural and adventure exploration weekends/side trips. Please see individual program pages for detailed information on what is included.
- Ambassadors: GVI has a great team of ex-participants from around the world who are only too happy to talk about their personal experiences
- Fully updated and regularly reviewed field manuals tell you all you need to know about your program, destination, travel requirements, equipment and much more
- Fundraising advice and support; Many of our participants fundraise for part of or all of their program fee. We can supply fundraising advice and a manual on how best to do this
- International travel assistance and advice through various global partnerships
- Fully comprehensive and professional insurance services
- Discounted travel guidebooks
- Discounted outdoor equipment
- Discounted medical equipment and services
- A variety of pre-departure training opportunities including free online wildlife courses and weekend teaching courses, all exclusively developed for GVI's programs
In the Field:
- Pick up from the airport
- Welcome and orientation sessions
- Food and accommodation
- GVI Program staff: We operate all our own programs so we, not anyone else, look after you from start to finish
- 24 hour emergency phone line
- Fully comprehensive on-site training, often including language classes
- All training materials
You will always have the full support of the GVI team at home and in the host country.