Volunteer abroad round the world with Claudia!
Some of you may remember the name Claudia Lifton-Schwerner, the eventual competition winner of a massive year-long, round the world volunteering adventure! Over three gruelling months in 2012, Claudia battled through 5 competition rounds and beat out over 1,000 other entrants to become GVI's 2nd round-the-world winner, joining previous winner Tina Thorburn in a very exclusive group!
On Saturday 12th January 2013, Claudia set out from New York to begin her incredible volunteering journey, a journey that will take her to Mexico, Fiji, Thailand, South Africa and Kenya!
You will be able to follow Claudia and her round the world journey through regular blog updates and photos on our Facebook page.
Stay tuned over the coming weeks for more from our very own Round the World Claudia...
Help conserve pumas, jaguars and magnificent coral reefs - volunteer in Mexico! From vibrant cities to idyllic beaches and beautiful rainforests, there is something to please every volunteer in Mexico. Wander through colonial cities, try surfing and dive in cenotes while you volunteer in Mexico, home to some of the world's most magical wildlife!
- It's patrol time for volunteers on the turtle project in @gvi_mexico , they spotted two loggerhead turtles! t.co/puinNg7vOr
- Volunteers in @GVILuangPrabang spotted this monk blessing a home on their cycle to work this morning! t.co/AxEiDslRqY
- Construction volunteers in @GVISACapeTown busy preparing for laying turf at the Grade R play area! t.co/dD2z71aQwj
- Volunteers and kids in @GVINepal warm up before playing a match against each other. t.co/Ui4Kr9OZUL
- Volunteers in @GVILimpopoKZN spotted a very large cobra on their morning drive! t.co/7EbJe7jeak