How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining one of our programs. Applying is a quick and easy process and our team are available to help every step of the way.
1. Find the right trip for you - Visit our Search for a Program page and have a look at our programs around the world. If you need help deciding, please give us a call and one of our country experts can help you decide which is right for you. If you wish to join for longer than is stated on each program page, just mention it in your online application form, as extensions may be possible.
2. Complete our no obligation online application form – once you have found your program, select your trip duration and departure date and hit the "book now" button.
3. Application phone call - Our country experts review every application thoroughly to ensure that you are matched with the right progam. You will be contacted by a Country Expert within two working days to chat through your application. Our experts have been on these programs themselves and have a wide range of knowledge from their travels in our host countries.
4. Securing your place – A deposit will be required in order to confirm your place. You will then receive pre-departure information; a training manual and a field manual for your program. You can also start meeting up with other travellers on GVI's community networks
5. Pre-departure support – Our experts will be available to you as you prepare for your program. We have sent over 20,000 people away over the last 15 years, so we have a lot of experience in making sure you are ready for life abroad.
Managed locally in the field, scholarships are awarded to exceptional participants who we feel could contribute further to the objectives of GVI for longer than they had originally signed up for their program. In most cases this will be in the form of an unpaid internship or apprenticeship with GVI for a period of 3-6 months. Many of our full time paid staff come through our scholarship scheme.
How old do I have to be to join? We accept participants between the ages of 18-80 across a range of programs around the world. For those aged 15-17, please see our Under 18 page
Am I too late to apply? We would usually suggest a couple for weeks as a minimum to give you time to get everything prepared but please not a lot of our programs fill up months in advance. If applying for one of our Challenges, do allow time to complete your fundraising!
Organising a Group Trip? We have worked with numerous schools, youth groups and colleges over the years and can develop tailor-made programs to suit your specific requirements. Please visit our group travel page for more information
Do you take all nationalities? YES!