Phoenix Nicaragua - Sports Program
As regular followers of the Phoenix Nicaragua blog will know, we have been taking our students on football and sports trips at the end of each month to reward them for their hardwork and attendance at our schools, and this month was no different. This time the kids from both Phoenix schools in La Thompson & Alexis Arguello got visit the softball stadium, Noel Gamez, in the center of Esteli. Here the children were able to find out about the game and it's rules, but also take part in their very own Phoenix Sports Day.
The schools were mixed together to make the red, blue, green and yellow teams. The children got to take part in various activites including the lemon and spoon race, the classic sack race, relays and the all important football games. The kids behaved really well and had an absolute ball, it's fantastic to be able to give them the oppurtunity to get to know so much more outside of the neighbourhoods where they live. All this wouldn't be possible without the kind support of our ex-volunteers and all the challenges we run on the ground, so "thank you" and remember to "Fly the Phoenix".
- It's exam time for the advanced students in @GVILuangPrabang as they focus intensely. t.co/QlKKQAcRZF
- Day 2 of the Construction Project in @GVISACapeTown preparing the turf! t.co/Nu5qUglISR
- The forest team in @GVIShimoni relaxing on the beach, looking for birds. t.co/O1CBrvecuR
- This butterfly is really enjoying his bowl of fresh fruit at Male Patan daycare in @GVINepal ! t.co/ua1AjkQz3J
- Check out this picture taken on night patrol by the Turtle Conservation volunteers in @gvi_mexico on World Turtle Day t.co/BM7YOAjS5Y